AllegroServe: Dynamic, Application Lisp Server
The demands users place on web-based applications are continuously
growing and evolving, creating the need for fast, scalable and robust
web-based programs. As the level of interaction and customization
increases, tools that can support complex, full-service transactions
will power the websites of the future.
AllegroServe makes generating dynamic interactive
pages a reality, enabling developers to create a unique
response for individual inquiry. Designed to work either on its own,
or with other commercial web/app servers such as Apache, AllegroServe
provides added power and intelligence to any web-based system.
- Quickly web-enable existing applications
- Generate complex web pages dynamically and automatically
- Publish live and changing data on the web, while the application is running
- Deliver applications to users of web browsers on many different platforms and
in many different places
- Build a standalone web server, or interface to Apache or
other web servers with the ability to act as a proxy
Key Technical Features
- Install/modify dynamic content generators on-the-fly
- Serve whole directories of files
- Secure Sockets (SSL/TLS)
- Access-control lists
- Session support (cookies)
- Support for Password Management
- HTTP protocols 0.9 to 1.1 supported
- Act as a proxy with cache
- Virtual hosts
- Webactions, a session-based framework for building web sites mixing static and dynamic content
The documentation for AllegroServe is here,
and for Webactions is here.
AllegroServe is available via Open Source license at http://github.com.