A classic AI programming language in Allegro CL for Logic Programming
- Provides Prolog as an integrated extension for Common Lisp programs
- Based on the implementation developed by Peter Norvig
- All rules for a given functor/arity pair are automatically compiled into a single, highly-optimized Lisp function, execution speed in excess of 1 Mlips can be attained on typical hardware
- The Prolog engine has been optimized to run essentially cons free
- Allegro Prolog does not attempt to be ISO compliant or implement the entire language. Many standard Prolog arithmetic, predicate operators, and I/O operators are not implemented, as they are a subset of the standard Common Lisp operators
The documentation for Allegro Prolog is
Visit the Tech Corner for more details.