||ANSI Common Lisp 20
Files 20.2 Dictionary of Files
- probe-file pathspec truename
- Arguments and Values:
- pathspec - a pathname
truename - a physical pathname or nil.
- probe-file tests whether a file exists.
probe-file returns false if there is no file named pathspec,
and otherwise returns the truename of pathspec.
If the pathspec designator
is an open stream, then probe-file produces the truename of its associated file. If pathspec is a stream, whether open or closed, it is coerced to a
pathname as if by the function pathname.
- Affected By:
- The host computer's file system.
- Exceptional Situations:
- An error of type file-error
is signaled if pathspec is wild.
An error of type file-error is signaled if the file system cannot perform the requested
- See Also:
- truename, open, ensure-directories-exist, pathname,
logical-pathname, Section 20.1 File System Concepts, Section 18.104.22.168.2 Open and Closed Streams, Section 19.1.2 Pathnames as Filenames
- Allegro CL Implementation Details:
- See Extensions to cl:probe-file in implementation.htm. Note
the links are to the documentation for the current Allegro CL
version. Replace /current/ in the URL with the Allegro CL version
number to see similar documentation is earlier releases.
© Franz Inc. 1998-2019 - File last updated 02-07-2019