Draft Minutes -- NCITS/J13 meeting on 12/12/2000 at 9:30am PST
[This document is NCITS/J13 00/003]
[These minutes have not yet been approved.]
Draft Agenda [from NCITS/J13 00-002]
- Call to order and introductions.
- Appointment of a Secretary Pro Tem.
- Approval of draft agenda NCITS/J13 00-002. This parliamentary item is required by NCITS procedures.
- Approval of draft minutes from the 14 Oct, 1999 meeting. See: http://www.franz.com/~smh/J13/99-010.txt
- Consideration of the J13 International Representative vacancy.
- Consideration of J13 entering "Maintenance Status." SHould the Chair call a 30-day letter ballot to this effect? Is anyone likely to bring any project proposals before the committee in the forseeable future?
- Announcements and new business.
- Consideration and scheduling of next meeting, etc.
- 1. Call to order and introductions. [9:33 AM PST]
- Steven Haflich [Franz]
- Martin Simmons [Xanalys]
- John Mallery [MIT]
- David Smith [MITRE]
- Mark Stickel [SRI]
- Shannon Spires [Sandia]
- Richard Billington [CommerceOne (initial meeting -- nonvoting)]
- Chuck Fry [QSS Group (initial meeting -- nonvoting)]
Five voting members were present at the quorum call and therefore
the quorum (four) was satisfied. An additional voting member arrived
around [10:08]. There some an initial informal discussion mostly
about the chat medium and the possibility of combining chat with phone
- 2. Appointment of a Secretary Pro Tem for the current meeting.
This was skipped, as the chat forum preserves a verbatim transcript
from which the minutes can be extracted.
- 3. Approval of draft agenda.
At [10:29] it was moved [Fry] and seconded [Stickel] to accept the draft agenda.
Passed unanimously 6-0.
- 4. Approval of draft minutes from the 14 Oct, 1999 meeting. See: http://www.franz.com/~smh/J13/99-010.txt
At [10:56] the vote was called.
Passed unanimously 6-0.
Discussion of the next two issues preceded simultaneously, as the
issues are interrelated.
- 5. Consideration of the J13 International Representative vacancy.
The IR position remains vacant after two calls for volunteers. One
member has contacted the chair privately and is considering
volunteering, in which case NCITS would probably make a third call.
That failing, there are other possibilities how we could fill the
position, which is a requirement if J13 is to stay out of Maintenance
- 6. Consideration of J13 entering "Maintenance Status."
- 7. Announcements and new business.
- 8. Consideration and scheduling of next meeting, etc.
There was a white ballot for a tentative Jan 30, 2001 meeting.